Last active: Never
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites  
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  15
Author: Subject: Abandon Ship
chrislawrance
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1507
Registered: 4-1-2010
Location: Essex, UK
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 24-6-2014 at 17:29


Just listened to the whole set. I would be disappointed if I went. Didn't play internet friends, centipede, fire hive or destroy them with lasers (no playing the intro doesn't count)



http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 25-6-2014 at 12:31


Here's a tracklist for ya. Finally getting round to listening to the set so I'll update this post with reactions

http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/53012_knife-party-at-cosmicmeadow-edc...

That second KP ID is bloody huge. There's just something in their production that feels innately bigger than the other tunes in terms of scale and sound. Damn I love these men

Holy shit I'd forgotten how much I miss his vocals. Even the harmonies. Damn. That is a big song. Really big. I make very few predictions for chart placings, but top ten. At least. If that isn't a single then they are stupid

Also, I feel that is the best way to utilise Internet Friends now. The track was never exactly outstanding (the VIP was a lot better) and it's all about the intro, so building into something else is what it was basically made for

I still don't understand the appeal of Hardstyle. Is it just me?

Overall a pretty good set in my eyes, brilliant to hear the new track with Rob's vocal




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrislawrance
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1507
Registered: 4-1-2010
Location: Essex, UK
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 25-6-2014 at 17:22


Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe
Here's a tracklist for ya. Finally getting round to listening to the set so I'll update this post with reactions

http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/53012_knife-party-at-cosmicmeadow-edc...

That second KP ID is bloody huge. There's just something in their production that feels innately bigger than the other tunes in terms of scale and sound. Damn I love these men

Holy shit I'd forgotten how much I miss his vocals. Even the harmonies. Damn. That is a big song. Really big. I make very few predictions for chart placings, but top ten. At least. If that isn't a single then they are stupid

Also, I feel that is the best way to utilise Internet Friends now. The track was never exactly outstanding (the VIP was a lot better) and it's all about the intro, so building into something else is what it was basically made for

I still don't understand the appeal of Hardstyle. Is it just me?

Overall a pretty good set in my eyes, brilliant to hear the new track with Rob's vocal
im not sure the common EDM fan would agree. I imagine a lot would expect to hear internet friends. It goes off everywhere it's played and I'd imagine a good number went to go nuts during internet friends



http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 25-6-2014 at 20:16


I can understand that, but if the guys want to play what they see as the best music around, Internet Friends won't fit in that list

But I agree that its a shame centipede and/or fir hive werent in the set (properly)




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
user123
Bass junkie
***




Posts: 98
Registered: 7-5-2013
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 25-6-2014 at 22:38


Quote:

I still don't understand the appeal of Hardstyle. Is it just me?


Hardstyle sucks. End of.




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kregore_zmc
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 614
Registered: 27-1-2012
Member Is Offline

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 26-6-2014 at 10:05


And if I were to go to a Knife Party set, I'd like to listen to new tracks ONLY. See? It's a matter of taste :D



me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 26-6-2014 at 21:59


I'd want to hear that clip of the new vocal track repeated for 90 minutes!



View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 4-7-2014 at 10:14


From Rob's twitter confirmations, these tracks are the ones that are (so far) being worked for the album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySaFsWXCsDE [Arabian]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3IbfNaRZyk [Begin Again]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF5fGjP60FE [Opener]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZzO_rRxjMI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-FCVAlMCZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-WwP98SY_I [Trap]

No confirmation on whats happening with Baghdad, or Piledriver, as Rob has said it's never being released apparantly




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
CHEEZMAN
Raver behaviour
****


Avatar


Posts: 213
Registered: 10-3-2008
Member Is Offline

Mood: Groovy

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 16:49


I'd be extremely happy if that Trap track was to be finished and featured on the album, but when did Rob confirm that?



PEN-DU-LUM! PEN-DU-LUM! PEN-DU-LUM!
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/cheezman_photos/pendulumlive.jpg
"This isn't drum'n'bass, this isn't breaks, this isn't rock'n'roll - this is Pendulum"
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 5-7-2014 at 17:03


On twitter, here:

https://twitter.com/rob_swire/status/482234585494089729

Best news I've heard for a long time




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 25-7-2014 at 19:15


Go here at about half 10 UK time (11:30 CEST) to see the KP set from Tomorrowland live, featuring new tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m7VVgaRFio

Also here:
http://live.tomorrowland.com/

EDIT: And it begins... I swear that sample was "You have a massive penis"

Give Rob wasn't Dj-ing a few years ago, he looks right at home behind the decks now. Following Sandro Silva's epic "Symphony" (thanks Shazam) the standard Intro has been brought out. Sounds really good, the "Call that a knife?" sample seems kinda lost in the mix, but that may be my speakers. Also, Gareth is wearing a Harry Potter t-shirt

Dropping "Slenderman" seemingly gave Rob an orgasm... Very wide-eyed. Followed quickly by Save the World VIP, didn't know that existed, but it's pretty hectic.

Aaaanndd Tomorrowland are twats. The set has just been cut for "hot sweaty body weather" advert and a skip to Carl Cox




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 09:27


After checking twitter, it's actually "Micropenis". Go figure

Here is the set on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/tomorrowland_2014/knife-party-main-stage-tomorrowland-...

Here is the tracklist (work in progress right now as it only happened last night and isn't done yet): http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/55522_knife-party-at-mainstage-tomorr...




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrislawrance
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1507
Registered: 4-1-2010
Location: Essex, UK
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 14:24


Micropenis is a bit of an odd title :/



http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 26-7-2014 at 19:22


^That be true Chris! But it's all in the sample, for better or for worse...

By the way, you're going to be irritated at the set again. Destroy them with Lazers - just the intro played. Centipede - just the vocal played. Sleaze - just the intro/vocals. SHM remix - just the intro. No Internet Friends, Fire Hive... there's a theme developing. EDM Death Machine and LRAD got full drops at least, vips of Power Glove and Bonfire, and a fair few new tracks got played, but the classics were left at the wayside for it

That said, a lot of the new tracks that were played are completely unheard, and there wasn't a play for a lot of the new tracks we've already heard, like "Begin Again" or "Arabian". Which is a shame. I like them. However, isn't it global gathering this weekend? And aren't they headlining there too? (EDIT: just looked it up, there are second headliner to the Prodigy, hopefully new stuff there too)




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kregore_zmc
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 614
Registered: 27-1-2012
Member Is Offline

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 27-7-2014 at 00:18


"micropenis"
"you have a massive penis"
"are you gay?" (Internet Friends fyi)
damn. Are we still listening to KP or is it now Gay Party? :lol:




me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrislawrance
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1507
Registered: 4-1-2010
Location: Essex, UK
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 27-7-2014 at 11:37


Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe
^That be true Chris! But it's all in the sample, for better or for worse...

By the way, you're going to be irritated at the set again. Destroy them with Lazers - just the intro played. Centipede - just the vocal played. Sleaze - just the intro/vocals. SHM remix - just the intro. No Internet Friends, Fire Hive... there's a theme developing. EDM Death Machine and LRAD got full drops at least, vips of Power Glove and Bonfire, and a fair few new tracks got played, but the classics were left at the wayside for it

That said, a lot of the new tracks that were played are completely unheard, and there wasn't a play for a lot of the new tracks we've already heard, like "Begin Again" or "Arabian". Which is a shame. I like them. However, isn't it global gathering this weekend? And aren't they headlining there too? (EDIT: just looked it up, there are second headliner to the Prodigy, hopefully new stuff there too)
yeah I listened to the set. Was more annoyed at tomorrowlands coverage. I guess i shouldn't expect them to play their own songs since it's a dj set not a live set.



http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 27-7-2014 at 19:33


Tomorrowland's coverage was abysmal. They'd been playing basically full sets for hours, then, about half an hour before KP they cut to a different stage, return for the beginning and cut away again within 20 minutes... It was mad. Apparantly when they did go back, they went to the point they left at, but I'd left by then

I enjoyed the set overall, pretty good, a little disappointed not to hear "Begin Again" again, because I so wanted to hear Rob's voice again, but I guess we'll have to wait

Also, the only clips I can find from Global Gathering are of Bonfire VIP and the Centipede vocal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsGMAEpjTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfeXQ8simHU

The crowd looks pretty dead tbh. And it's way too early for them, they deserve a set in darkness




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrislawrance
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1507
Registered: 4-1-2010
Location: Essex, UK
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 28-7-2014 at 12:25


Them shots are miles away from the stage though. When I went to global you'd find that a lot away from the stage. I'm sure up close the crowd was good.
Unfortunately the main stage finishes at 11 at global and the tents run till 6 meaning it was gonna be light for everyone except prodigy




http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
sound_control
Glowstick
*




Posts: 21
Registered: 1-7-2011
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 29-7-2014 at 10:03


Quote:
Originally posted by celldwellerwannabe
Tomorrowland's coverage was abysmal. They'd been playing basically full sets for hours, then, about half an hour before KP they cut to a different stage, return for the beginning and cut away again within 20 minutes... It was mad. Apparantly when they did go back, they went to the point they left at, but I'd left by then

I enjoyed the set overall, pretty good, a little disappointed not to hear "Begin Again" again, because I so wanted to hear Rob's voice again, but I guess we'll have to wait

Also, the only clips I can find from Global Gathering are of Bonfire VIP and the Centipede vocal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fsGMAEpjTc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfeXQ8simHU

The crowd looks pretty dead tbh. And it's way too early for them, they deserve a set in darkness


Bonfire VIP doesn't exist. They just mix it with other tracks, for example, that link is with Teddy Killerz - I Don't Know, but they also mix it was DC Breaks - Lock In. Same with Save the World but I can't remember what track its mixed with atm.
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 30-7-2014 at 09:18


The Save the World remix is mixed with Dannic I think I was. Or maybe Dyro. I can't remember

Also, the set we have for Tomorrowland is only actually half of the show... They played for 90 mins, and the set we have is 45...




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 5-8-2014 at 19:11


Third week in August is seemingly when Abandon Ship is finished, according to tweets. That's when Rob rejoins Gareth at Dj Sets, as he is finishing off the album right now. Release date soon



View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 6-8-2014 at 11:44


Aaaaannd I've just triple posted. This time it is ACTUAL IMPORTANT NEWS GUYS

https://soundcloud.com/robswire/knife-party-boss-mode-teaser

This is the first studio teaser of any track from the new album. It also just so happens to be the Trap tune from Bass Culture that I have been jizzing my pants over for the last however long

As Rob says "annoying riff may not make it to the final version". I think he means the vocal, if not then the synth thing that sounds pretty awesome to be honest...




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
kregore_zmc
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 614
Registered: 27-1-2012
Member Is Offline

Mood: go check Savant's stuff, thank me later

[*] posted on 6-8-2014 at 13:58


Now THAT's the Knife Parrty I've been waiting for! 16bit synth brings back memories. I'm really glad that this trap tune has made it to the album.



me on:
-battle.net/World of Warcraft/Overwatch - Shairf
-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrislawrance
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1507
Registered: 4-1-2010
Location: Essex, UK
Member Is Offline


[*] posted on 6-8-2014 at 16:10


No complaints here. Love the 8 bit synth and hits the trap style perfectly



http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor
*****


Avatar


Posts: 3700
Registered: 13-3-2010
Location: Swansea
Member Is Offline

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 6-8-2014 at 18:38


http://inthemix.com/news/ill-probably-regret-this-rob-swire-uploads-a-new-kni...

And an article for ye that links to some choice tweets, one of which may interest you particularly...




View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  ..  15

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Cscript' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /homepages/0/d429656469/htdocs/pendulumlive/pendulumlive/files/viewthread.php(663) : eval()'d code on line 63