-Youtube - Wojciech Mag Ognia
-ts3's/discord's - shairf.dnb
-https://soundcloud.com/sh411rf
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

Mood: Staring upwards at the gleaming stars in the obsidian sky

[*] posted on 21-11-2015 at 02:14

I didn't really want to be the first, but hey, no one else is talking

It's pretty disappointing. Plur Police is alright. The choral vocals are great, the melody is nice. Parliament Funk is Tourniquet 5.0. Every release has had a Tourniquet style track, and none have really been as good as the original in my book, so I'm not very impressed by it. The build up to the second drop is nice though. Kraken has nice vocals.

But the main thing about all three tracks? They are incredibly generic, and hella repetitive. Yeah, they all have good points, and yeah, the production standard is still insanely high. But there are no unique second drops, even the first drops are pretty generic for the sort of main room/EDM/whatever you call it sound. After Abandon Ship, I was really hopeful for this. I thought it could be the best EP yet. But I just came away with a feeling of "Oh, was that it?". It kind of feels like we are hearing unfinished demos, that will have a second drop added to them before release and be polished so they don't sound like the rest of the music around nowadays.

Having unfinished sounding tracks is fine. I fucking love the unfinished stuff we have. And I'm sure that this stuff will grow on me after a few listens. But the normality of it, if that is even the word... Knife Party have always been different. Even when they made dubstep, it didn't sound like the standard sound that was around, it sounded fresh. It always did. Their house tunes always had an element to them that just made them stand out. But this? If the production quality wasn't as high as it is, I seriously wouldn't be able to tell you that these were Knife Party tracks. If I just heard live rips, I wouldn't be able to tell you that these were done by Rob and Gareth

And I've already said I don't like the Jauz remix. My taste in dubstep, and that style of it in particular, is incredibly picky

chrislawrance
DnB editor

[*] posted on 21-11-2015 at 23:50

I agree. It kinda feels empty. I like the tracks but they aren't up to the standard I've came to expect from rob and Gareth.

The Jauz remix on the other hand outshines the entire EP and I love it

http://i.imgur.com/wmsBzv9.jpg
View user's profile View All Posts By User U2U Member This user has MSN Messenger
TheGlitchGuy957
Junglist

Mood: Still Grey

[*] posted on 22-11-2015 at 05:54

Quote:
Knife Party have always been different.

Not just Knife Party, even since Pendulum they were always different, but this new EP is a tad disappointing in some ways... Like, it doesn't sound "bad", it just doesn't "sound" like Knife Party's style, I can't even explain it. It doesn't really sound like Rob and Gareth anymore.

Quote:
If I just heard live rips, I wouldn't be able to tell you that these were done by Rob and Gareth

I'm still trying to comprehend it for myself that these even are Knife Party tracks. It doesn't really sound like Rob and Gareth anymore, at least not what we're used to.

But really, I feel like I'm talking too bad about the release, when in reality it isn't really "bad". It's actually kind of good in it's own way. So, with that being said, let me say some of the positive things about the Trigger Warning EP now. (At least what I think is positive about it).

Quote:
Parliament Funk is Tourniquet 5.0.

To be honest, I think Parliament Funk is my favorite track on the release. I think this is my favorite track because Tourniquet has always been one of favorite Knife Party tracks, and the fact that Parliament Funk sounds similar to it just brings back good memories of what I liked about Knife Party from the beginning. So hearing something that can remind you of what you liked about a band to begin with is always a good thing in my opinion, it shows that they are still the same people today that they were then (even if it doesn't feel that way). Even though I feel like they've changed, as I mentioned earlier, I still think that deep down they're the same Rob and Gareth we've always known. :)

PLUR Police is an okay track, I'm not in love with it though, the vocals sound kind of weird to me, just a bit silly in a way. (Plus, I don't even know what "PLUR" means, lol). But it's a decent track.

I do actually like Kraken featuring Tom Staar a lot more than I thought I would (based off of the live rip I heard of it). The vocals were okay, kind of iffy to me, but I really liked everything else about the track.

And the Jauz remix of PLUR Police was actually really good in my opinion. I wouldn't go as far as to say (at least not at this point anyway) that it "outshines the entire EP" though. But a good track though.

Anyways, that's all I had to say about the EP for now, thanks for reading, lol. :bigsmile:

Time Is The Future...

Abandon Ship, Reconnect, And Begin Again...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UNMvLRgjw_A/TDrxAW6QRgI/AAAAAAAAAFg/-7dT9uPMikI/s1600/pendulum_logo.png
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 22-11-2015 at 22:41

Apparantly PLUR means Peace, Love, Unity & Respect, whatever that means

TheGlitchGuy957
Junglist

Mood: Still Grey

[*] posted on 25-11-2015 at 23:46

Oh, not what I'd expect from Knife Party, but then again, I also didn't expect some of the lyrics from some of the songs on Abandon Ship either. I guess that's one thing that's changed, not a bad change, but a change nonetheless. "Oh my God. What the fuck is this disco shit? What happened to the dubstep?!" Lol, just kidding. :lol:

Time Is The Future...

Abandon Ship, Reconnect, And Begin Again...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UNMvLRgjw_A/TDrxAW6QRgI/AAAAAAAAAFg/-7dT9uPMikI/s1600/pendulum_logo.png
celldwellerwannabe
DnB editor

[*] posted on 26-11-2015 at 01:37

PLUR is supposedly some sort of EDM ideal or some shit like that. again, they are taking the piss!

Daniel_Olton
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 21-3-2016 at 06:11

Knife Party At Ultra 2016 (Audio)
http://www108.zippyshare.com/v/bA7nSLb3/file.html
Amarghh
Raver behaviour

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 01:29

Knife Party announcement for London coming next week, I'm hoping for a Brixton show but it'll probably be SW4...
 Pages:  1  ..  72  73  74

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'Cscript' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ';' in /homepages/0/d429656469/htdocs/pendulumlive/pendulumlive/files/viewthread.php(663) : eval()'d code on line 63